Activities Aide - Nursing Home
Assists with providing a variety of daily activities for residents. Assists with scheduling group activities and activities that are individualized to each resident's capability and interest. Provides necessary documentation and clerical support. OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Class III.
A. Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
B. Personal Job-Related Skills: Effective oral and written communications skills.
C. Licensure, Registry, or Certification: None required.
1. Prior Work Experience: None required.
2. Technical Training: None required.
E. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require extended periods of walking and standing. Bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, and lifting up to 30 pounds.
Assists with the planning and conduct of the residents' activity program.
1. Maintains the monthly calendar and publishes the monthly newsletter.
2. Provides for one on one activity with residents.
3. Recognizes the wants and needs of the residents.
4. Acts as an intermediator between staff and residents.
5. Visits with families.
Performs clerical and support duties.
1. Sends thank you and sympathy cards.
2. Delivers mail.
3. Records daily attendance.
4. Runs errands as assigned.
5. Decorates for special activities.
6. Prepares activity signs.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT REQUIREMENTS:
A. Maintains confidentiality while working with confidential matters on a daily basis.
B. Provides service direct to patients while maintaining a positive patient relations
C. Interacts with patients and family members.
D. Follows safety policies and guidelines for the Hospital District.
E. Assists Activities Director in any other assignment given to the employee.
Shift : Day
Brandi Miller - Director, NH